Proactiv Philippines ran a promo this year to encourage people in using the site as a point of purchase. Buyers who ordered the product online got one raffle entry for the iPad promo.
Eventually, the winner was announced and that is Douden Quintin. A 22-year old who works as technical support agent in a BPO company. He saw the Proactiv TV infomercial on cable and bought the Proactiv Solution 60-day kit online at my.proactiv.com.ph.
Proactiv, as a product marketed online, had interesting challenges:
1. The product is a bit on the high-end side therefore catering to segments who can afford skin care products at that price range. It is endorsed by popular celebrities like Justin Bieber to help give further credibility on its effectiveness.
2. The product is available in Watson's for over the counter purchases.
3. The product is promoted through tv cable infomercials encouraging visitors to either go to the physical stores, call the hotline number, or visit the website to make a purchase.
4. Social media awareness was created through the Proactiv Philippines Facebook game where a weekly winner won a 30-day kit. Winners are kept posted through the Proactiv Philippines Facebook page.
5. Several blogs gave coupon codes that allowed buyers to avail the product kit at discounted rate.
The gift is a complete sampler set with Proactiv Renewing Cleanser 30ml, Proactiv Revitalizing Toner 30ml, and Repairing Lotion 30ml.
Proactiv Philippines efforts to promote their website online provides an interesting case study on e-commerce marketing. Look forward learning more on how others execute online programs that triggers purchase.