Saturday, February 28, 2009
Present in the meeting were Gary, Mica, Chad, Clowny, Dilson, Eric, Ferdinand, Philip, Julius S., among others.
I think having a search engine marketing awareness done in different parts of the country is a great idea as this promotes knowledge on its value. Especially now in the time of crisis, with limited marketing resources, I know of a lot of companies shifting their budget towards marketing on the Internet to promote their products & services. This is where search engine marketing & optimization becomes a viable strategic alternative.
What makes Pangasinan special as well is that it is home of some of the top SEO practitioners in the country who actively participates in local and international competitions. It speaks well on the available resource for such a service.
The SEMCON Pangasinan event intends to gather newbies and practitioners interested to learn more about SEO / SEM. Experts in the SEO / SEM field will also be invited to share their knowledge and provide updates.
For those who haven't been to Pangasinan, it is the home of a famous tourist spot in the Philippines - The Hundred Islands.
Will update this post as we get more details about the event as it gets finalized.
Monday, February 23, 2009
- The importance of SEO copywriting / web content writing in a search engine marketing / search engine optimization campaign.
- Introduced several tools as one of their newest best friends online. This gives them room for creativity when planning a press release using inputs gained on popular keywords.
- Writing style guide appropriate for the busy Internet user to ensure attention is captured right away. Web readers have little time in their hands. If the first two paragraphs does not contain enough meat, they will leave your site. Therefore a press release must be written for the user to be read and not for PR clients ego satisfaction.
- Providing additional resources, even 3rd party, to give user the necessary help needed. Therefore making the PR site even credible in the process.
- Ideas on what makes a great website that PR firms can also use in improving theirs.
Friday, February 20, 2009
***** keyword experiment - love and sad poem - don't trust me *****
Don't trust me when it comes to love,
I've been through a lot...
Although that doesn't make me wiser than you.
Take the risk,
Fight for it,
If you believe that it is true.
Victory or defeat is a fate that lovers must face.
Be courageous and have strength when loss results to despair.
Take action, change, for there's so much to life ahead.
Still, don't trust me for I am only temporary.
Face the truth as it show itself gradually.
Let it set you free.. to love more or to move on.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
As I have a corporate club member who is into the gambling business of the government, I find having the need to understand how the game works and be more effective in communicating about the subject in the future (be able to play the game as well) is important.