After the last leg of DigitalFilipino Club and Bloggers eyeball roadshow in Davao City, I catched up with Avel Manansala and met some of General Santos City bloggers from July 19 to 21.
Some of the trip highlights include:
- GenSan Exchange sponsored my accommodation at Phela Grande Hotel (has free wi-fi)
- Had a taste of Tunaghetti at Genee restaurant. If you will visit General Santos City, make sure to have your picture taken in their magnificient photo wall giving a great view of the city.
- Met the blogging Generals (photo 1, 2, 3) such as:
- Hector (http://writingedge.blogspot.com/)
- Cidz (http://www.generalsantoscityphilippines.info/)
- Mars (http://plurk.com/marzz)
- Dax (http://daxiweida.blogspot.com/)
- Gumer (http://www.technotechniques.com/)
- Gay (http://ascientistinthekitchen.net/)
- Tammy (http://djtammy.com/)
- Sheng (http://sdumalay.blogspot.com/)
- Rosilie (http://rosilie.blogspot.com/)
- Arnel (http://jhonkie2.blogspot.com/)
- Ric (http://blagadaggg.blogspot.com/)
- Jinky (http://jborela.blogspot.com/)
- Had my first jump shot experience at the Oval Plaza.
- Met the owner of KimKyts Tuna who won emerging entrepreneur of the year in the city.
- Visited the Blugre Cafe franchise that Manny Pacquiao owns and had my favorite Durian Coffee.
- First time to visit a spring resort, Olaer Spring Resort. Had my first water jump shot experience there too. If you haven't been to this resort, check out this short video where Avel gave an overview about it.
- Visited the PacMan mansion although we were not able to go inside. Here's a snapshot video of it:
- Met Ed Villamor who was having a victory dinner, Kuya Ed Tuna and Lechon Grill, for being one of the awardees (entrepreneur of the year).
- Delivered a talk to the students of AMA Computer Learning Center about blogging. The owners of GenSan Exchange are also the owners of this school franchise. Avel's GenSantos.com was formally recognized as one of the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2008 (chosen by writing project participants).
Thank you to all General Santos City blogger friends for making this short trip memorable!